Thursday, April 30, 2015

Mama Mama, I Want Three Of All Of These!!!

Venice Tables, March 2015

When you sit at a sun drenched table in a little nook in the streets of Venice in the spring, celebrating your birthday and another year of life, it's quite possible that you could have a gorgeous, spirit whacking realization that, yes, you want it all.

I sat at one such table a few days after my 42nd birthday in March, reveling in the manifestation of my dream of going to Italy

My eyes and heart are filled by what I'm seeing and feeling, and I sit there; truly believing that I am the luckiest girl in the world

My boyfriend had run back to the car for something and so I sit alone, savoring the sun on my face on this chilly winter day and watching the people around me swirling through this magical place. 
I watch a young married couple, traveling with their two small sons. The parents trying to wrangle and chase and keep up with their children, and finally deciding to soak up the same sunny moment at the same cafe where I sit, at the next table over. 

I sip my cocktail and chew on some salted nuts that our waiter brought over and think about my own children and when they were that age. I think about how quickly time passes and how I now have two teenagers and a preteen, I am divorced, I am a business owner, an artist, a chef, a friend, a girlfriend, a seeker, and I am very, very filled.

And then I hear the youngest son, while looking at the menu at the table next to me say, 
"Mama Mama, I want three of all of these!"

And I laugh.
Mama Mama! Venice, March 2015
And I love this little guy's excitement, because I feel the same way.
And I love his focus on having lots of all of the things that look good to him, because I think that's what we should desire. 
And I love his simple belief that there's no reason he shouldn't be allowed to have three of all of these, because I believe that too.

They don't even realize the beautiful thing they just helped me to recognize:   
I want all of it. 
I want three of all of these.
I want lots of all of the things that feel good to me:
Connection with my kids, my love, my friends, my family, the people who cross my path, opportunities, abundance, travel, art, great food and drinks...

This kid reminds me there is no reason I shouldn't have these things either. 
He helps me know that there's no reason you shouldn't have all of these things too.

That's why we are here. 
To live life to the full
To see everything we want to see
To feel deep, real, raw, brazen, sweet, love.
To walk through shadowy times so that we are strengthened and grow.
To soar.
To have three of all of these. 
Venice Girl & Birds, March 2015

Cheers to allowing ourselves the belief that we can be or do or have anything we desire, 
and even three of all of them.

Quote of the Day:

“You may have the universe if I may have Italy".
Guiseppe Verdi

No comments:

Post a Comment