Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a New Year!


I know. I have been M.I.A. I'm sorry. This time of year kicks my butt every year, and this was no different. It's the busiest time for my day job as a children's photographer, my kids have birthdays, and then of course it's the holidays. I'm usually completely Grinchy by about December 1st.

But alas, I have come up for air, and I will be damned if I will start this year out without finally posting something!

It's not like I haven't been doing my share of eating, drinking and being merry - no need to worry about that. It's not even like I haven't practically turned my kitchen into a trattoria, and my liver into a wine cellar. I mean, in the last month I have gotten a pasta maker, a new super snazzy mandoline (not the instrument but the slicer thing), an ice cream maker and ..... a Kitchen Aid!!!! Not to mention another gift subscription to Bon Appetit as well as Saveur. My friends and family clearly want me to keep cooking for them.

I have been photographing pasta drying on the backs of my chairs, biscotti being whipped up for gifts, cookies being decorated and even holiday cocktails. But have I shared any of it with you??? Nooooooo.

Well, I have dusted myself and my cookbooks, tools, and palate off and I am back. If anyone is still out there.... I lift a glass to you for following along in 2010, for all of your comments, the recipes you shared, the goodies you sent, and the meals that we have shared, whether in person or virtually. I wish you a tasty, thirst quenching start to this New Year and I look forward to what 2011 will bring.

Cheers!
H

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, you're back:) Keep it comin', cause we love your posts!!
    Food-a-holic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There is someone out there!!
    H

    ReplyDelete