Monday, November 9, 2009

Plungerhead

Here is my new favorite. If you've been paying attention, you surely know that I am a sucker for a good label. Thus the discovery of Plungerhead.

Of course, it looks and sounds ridiculous. But read on & you discover that it is an old vine zinfandel from a vineyard in Lodi, California. It seems I have been gravitating toward zins from either Lodi or Australia.

If you want to read about all the strange things the pros smell & taste in this fabulous glass of wine, scoot on over to http://www.donandsons.com/theotherguys/ plungerhead/lodi_zinfandel.php . But if you want to just take my word for it, believe me when I say; this is a great, full, smooth, deep wine that goes for $14-16 bucks and if this is what you're into, this will shoot to the top of your favorites list.

One of the cool things about this wine is it's cork. If you notice in the photo, it is a combination between a cork & a screw top, made from some sort of totally recyclable plastic. No opener needed. Easily re-sealable if you should strangely have any leftover wine in the bottle.

So give it a try. I think it's going to make you smile, rock your world, and wedge it's way into your heart.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. My sister turned me on to this wine when we were together last, and it's delightful. There's a spicy taste afterward that can't be beat. I want more.
    Nastrovia ('Cheers' in Russian),
    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my new fave too! If you have a Times Market near you with a Fujioka's wine shop in it, you should be able to find it there. I've also found it in one of my favorite little wine shops on Oahu, called SWAM.
    Cheers!
    H

    ReplyDelete