Monday, April 26, 2010

Today's Lunch

Yeah, it's a little crazy. Whatever. I came across a tantalizing photograph of a dessert today, & remembered I had these beautiful strawberries lurking around and just so happened to have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer..... Sounds like lunch to me.

But here's the truly whacky thing: I remember years ago, in Seattle, having some sort of strawberry-balsamic vinegar-dessert concoction. So in a whirlwind, I sliced up the strawberries, threw them in a bowl with a little splash of balsamic and some honey and some (stay with me here..) basil. I know, that sounds crazy. But I double dog dare you to give it a try.

There's something with the sweet of the berries & the sweet, slightly sour of the vinegar with the woodsy thing in the basil. Ohh la la...Lunch is served.....

No comments:

Post a Comment