Saturday, September 4, 2010

Caramelized Tomato & Onion Tart


Last month's issue of Bon Appetit had a fascinating looking recipe for a Tomato Tart Tatin.   
I was really wanting to try it, but I had to make it a little more savory, so I added caramelized onions, and then topped it with some feta & basil after it was cooked. It was a great appetizer & also the two slices that were left made a great breakfast the next day!

Check out the link above for the recipe. 
  
I've never done the whole x-ing & boiling of tomatoes before. It worked great.



Here's mine layered with sweet onions. I only added about 2 Tbs of sugar instead of 2/3 cup or whatever the recipe called for because I wasn't making it as a dessert. 




Puff pastry is applied & it's ready for the oven.




Out of the oven & ready to be flipped out onto a plate. 




Sample piece for the cook! 
Try this one. There's about a billion different things you can do with it. The puff pastry comes with two sheets in a pack. I might see what else I can come up with today....
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment