Friday, September 3, 2010

Ginger Grape Cocktail

It's Aloha Friday! It's a three day weekend! In the words of Sigourney Weaver in Avatar, "Will somebody get me my god damn cigarettes!!??". Ok, I don't smoke, but WILL SOMEBODY GET ME MY GOD DAMN COCKTAIL!?

And while you're at it, you might as well make it a Ginger Grape Cocktail, invented by yours truly. Have you seen that commercial where the bartender muddles red grapes and whips them into a fizzy cocktail of some sort? Well, that was the inspiration here. It's refreshing, delicious and to top it all off, it's a beverage you can chew!

Just take some grapes & some orange zest and muddle them (smoosh then around with your handy dandy wooden muddling tool) in a cocktail shaker. Add 1.5 oz  citrus vodka & ice, put the lid on and shake it senorita! Then add a good splash of ginger ale, pour back & forth into a large glass to combine, then pour into serving glass, garnish with some frozen grapes & enjoy!

Happy Aloha Friday everyone! I send you a big cheers & wish you a spectacular weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Swigs Mistress:
    Have you ever thought you may have a drinking problem??
    I know you are a festive kind of gal, but I just hope you drink responsibly.
    Cheers,
    SuckemupSandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. SuckEmUpSandra:
    Well, if I have a drinking problem, I surely also have an eating problem. You see I write this blog, it's about Swigs (beverages) & also Grinds (food). I do enjoy them both & because of said author-ship to said blog, I feel an obligation to provide recipes & ideas for both Swigs and Grinds. Does this equal a problem? Not for me. If someone else has a problem with either of these , well then, I find that a bit sad. Drinking responsibly is indeed, a must, there's too much at stake at this stage of the game to do otherwise.
    So I stand firm in my belief in the beauty of eating, drinking, & being merry.
    Cheers, as always,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. So right!! You go girl!!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete