Monday, October 26, 2009

Subliminal Message

For me, here's the best part of writing a blog: Interacting with people who have a similar passion; swapping ideas, hearing what you're into, what works, what you've been cooking, eating, etc...

Otherwise it feels like I'm talking to myself.

With my friends and physical family, we have adopted the food hotline. You know, where you have that person to call in a food emergency, or to brag about something fabulous you just made, or sometimes, it's even just that part of the conversation that starts with, "so... what have you been eating lately?" For real, this is, among other things, what we talk about.

When I was attempting my sister's daunting Lilikoi Cheesecake, I called her about three times AND had to call my mom to have her bring over her mixer. (See the September post)

My sister just called me the other day and I had to walk her through making a cream sauce, and stayed on the phone till she was tasting the pasta & giving me her reviews.

My mom called the other day, just to proudly tell me of a shrimp and green pea salad she invented.

I got a text message just today from a guy friend of mine asking if I have any ideas for deer!

Anyway, all this to say... I love this! And, dear reader, I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU TOO! I love to read your comments and love to hear what you think! Plus, it gives me a better idea of what you're into & what I should write about! So go ahead, don't be shy... It's our way of sharing a meal together vicariously!

Cheers...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Swigs:
    No, we want to hear more from you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! It has been a busy couple of days!! I will give you more to chew on, I promise!!

    ReplyDelete