Friday, October 16, 2009

Sugar Cane

Ok here's one for you. What do you do when your children drag home a seven foot piece of sugar cane that the neighbors shared? It's beautiful. It's exotic. But it's just a little overwhelming to have an ingredient that is bigger than you.

I asked my sister what to do with it. She said to take a machete and hack it into smaller pieces. Call me crazy, but I don't have a machete. I do have a circular saw, hmmm...

Anyway, I feel like I should make some use out of this thing, but I need your help. I've done a little research on raw sugar cane recipes, but I'm going to put out the call for help with this one.

If you have any ideas or come across some interesting recipes please, please, PLEASE post something here! In the meantime, I will be hunting down that machete...

Quote of the Day:
"A wise woman puts a grain of sugar into everything she says to a man, and takes a grain of salt with everything he says to her."
~ Helen Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment