Thursday, June 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Pasta Doesn't Suck After All

My mom gave me half a package of whole wheat pasta recently. Half a package, because she made some and couldn't convince my step dad to eat it again. I've seen this on the shelves before, of course. And I've contemplated it. I mean I'm no health nut, but I do like to eat healthy. But whole wheat pasta just seems so, un-Italian.

Well, during my recent stint home alone, I figured this would be the time to give it a try, when all my picky people and grown up people were gone.

I sauteed a little onion & garlic, then threw in some sun dried tomatoes & artichoke hearts and a little cream, Parmesan cheese & parsley.

I gotta say, I didn't hate it! In fact, I couldn't really tell the difference. Now let's see if I can camouflage it enough to get my people to eat it.

2 comments:

  1. I find that I like whole wheat pasta with heartier sauces. I typically will saute some pancetta, shallot or garlic (or both) and then add some kale and simmer with a little chicken broth and sometimes a few raisins. I'll finish the dish with some pine nuts and fresh mozzarella pearls. Surprisingly, the raisins really work in this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE wholewheat pasta! Yes it needs a sturdy sauce.... yum! Embrace its (slightly) different taste!

    ReplyDelete