Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bloody Mary

I never used to be a fan of this beverage. Then one day, as I was working at my studio, a girlfriend of mine came in & said, "come have a bloody mary with me". Now, if you know me, you know that it didn't take much to convince me.

It's almost like drinking cold, spicy soup. Plus, it's a beverage widely accepted as a breakfast cocktail, and you gotta love that.

I got a hankering for one recently and found a great recipe for a homemade mix which contains things you probably already have the condiment department of your fridge.

I have discovered this is a great addition to my cocktail department and when you have it on hand, you can whip one up in a blink.




Ingredients
3 cups tomato juice
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon hot sauce, I think it needs a bit more, but that's just me
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Vodka

Directions
In a blender combine the tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and hot sauce and process until smooth. Transfer to a glass jar and add some salt and pepper. When ready to serve, fill a shaker with ice. Add 1 ounce of vodka, then pour in the bloody mary mix. Shake well. Pour into glass and garnish with something vegetable-y.

After you've made your beverage, refrigerate the jar of mix until next time.

Cheers to a spicy breakfast cocktail!



1 comment: